Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Buck Creek Festival

I wasn't feeling 100% today but I took 4 of the kids to the Buck Creek festival. If it wasn't so local I would not have been up to it. The kids were so well behaved I could not believe it. Even Evan was an OK listener....















We made two trips to the park. In the morning we played and rode the rides. The kids spent most of their time on the swing ride. Lyn was such a great helper. I try hard not to treat her like a third parent. But, since I did not feel well she stepped up and helped with the little kids without being asked. On our way home we stopped by a local salon's table for some face and hair painting. I think this was the highlight of the day (pun intended)! After lunch and a nap for Mama we headed back to the festival for the duck race. I thought we would get there in plenty of time. It was scheduled for 3pm and we had 15 minutes to spare. As we were walking down the hill to the waterfall we heard the gun go off. A crowd of people were trying to see the drop of the ducks and a lot of small children were very disappointed because they dropped early. We had 2 ducks in the race and the little kids were excited to watch. I don't know why they dropped early..... I may just have to complain and I don't think I will be the only one. We hung around and the kids played on the rides some more and Lyn was able to slip off on her own to explore. She ran across a lot of people she knew. All in all I am glad I took the kids even though we were all tired by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...