Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Needing some fire....


I started with collecting my star anise and my scent warmer.


I lit the warmer and added some safflower oil and a few drops of anise EO to my burner. I then asked Eliot to pick out a nice star to add to the oil.


Eliot then helped me fill up the jar I keep the anise in. All this while the kitchen filled with he scent of licorice, which is what anise smells like.


I then pulled out my beads and restrung a few bracelets and collected some agate beads that have always spoke to me. I help these and tried all kinds of patterns to see what would manifest out of the randomness.



This is what I ended up with. It is a prayer / meditation / thinking bead collection. I can't call it a bracelet. It is too big. It is too small for a necklace and it is a round so it is not a strand. No matter what it is beautiful and meaningful to me. I think I will hold on to it for a while and not place it for sell on Etsy just yet.

Now, maybe handling a bit of fire today will help banish some of the moody watery all over the place emotions....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...