Saturday, July 14, 2012

So much fennel

Well, I finally cut down my fennel in the front yard. It still had some flowers but most had gone to seed. I harvested the seed I needed. Look closely at this bunch. There are three stages of growth there. Flowers, seed, and dried seed are all represented. That reminds me of the concept of Maiden, Mother, Crone. I have left the maiden stage of life long ago. As a mother of 8 I am really just now embracing the mother aspect of life. Who know what the crone or grandmother stage holds for me.


Why do I like fennel so much? I don't know. Maybe because it is fiery when I am not so it balances me. Maybe because it smells like licorice and my mother likes black licorice so it reminds me of her. I don't know. But I think I will always grow fennel because it makes me happy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...